Welcome to S-Cube 2013
The 4th International Conference on Sensor Systems and Software
June 11-12, 2013 - Lucca, Italy
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through the SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
- Two confirmed keynote speakers: Luca Mottola (Politecnico di Milano, Italy and Swedish Institute of Computer Science), Ramiro Martinez De Dios (University of Seville, Spain).
S-CUBE 2013, the 4rd International Conference on Sensor Systems and Software, provides an ideal venue to disseminate state-of-the-art work in the areas of system development and software support for wireless sensor network-based systems.
Wireless sensor networks are enabling innovative and interesting applications ranging from smart-homes and smart-cities to precision agriculture and advanced healthcare. The widespread acceptance of these new services however can be improved by the definition of new protocols, programming languages, frameworks, and architectures that can not only simplify the software development of wireless sensor networks, but that can also facilitate their system design, deployment, monitoring and maintenance. Tackling these challenges require contributions from many fields such as embedded systems, distributed systems, software engineering, semantic web, real-time data acquisition and data fusion, wireless protocols, and system security.
The aim of the conference is to create a forum in which researchers from academia and industry, practitioners, business leaders, intellectual property experts, and venture capitalists may work together in order to compare and debate different innovative solutions. The conference will feature a highly selective technical program consisting of regular research papers, short papers, posters and demos.
Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research, not currently under review by another conference or journal, are solicited. The specific topics of the conference include but are not limited to:
- Critical infrastructure monitoring and control
- Data processing, storage and management
- Detection, classification, and tracking
- Distributed algorithms for reasoning and signal processing
- Disaster (fire, earthquakes, …) monitoring, sensing and management
- Environmental Monitoring
- Experiences of real-world WSN applications
- Innovative applications
- Location, time, and other network services
- Network protocols
- Programming models and languages
- Security and privacy in sensor systems
- Smart-Homes, Smart-Cities and Building automation
- Tools and platforms for sensor systems planning, deployment, monitoring and maintenance